STOLTZ FOR MAYOR
Several people have asked me about my life before politics and how I became involved in the political scene. I look back on a career that covers the academics, business, family and politics!
Here is a rough timeline:
- Between 1995 and 2001, I completed a Masters Degree in Science (Cardiovascular Physiology). In that time I was actively involved in several university research programmes and lecturing.
- 2001 was committed to our OE and travelling to see the world (Hello Gisborne!)
- Between 2002 and 2004 I was the Laboratory Manager at Montana Wines - it started off as a holiday job during our OE, but turned into a full-on 3 years when we decided to stay here.
- Alex, our first-born arrived at the end of 2004 and Luk in 2006. It was a privilege to be able to spend a few years at home raising our boys.
- Between 2008-2013 I owned and ran an international recruitment business with a dentist from Auckland. We recruited dentists and other medical personnel from the UK and USA and placed them in practices around New Zealand.
- In 2009, I had a coffee with my neighbour, then-councillor, Kathy Sheldrake, and she convinced me that we needed more young, enthusiastic, future-focussed people on the Council and that I should put my name forward at the next elections.
- At the elections in 2010, I joined our Council.
- In 2013, I joined the Health Board and sold my recruitment business to focus on local issues and local community work.