1 strategic leadership
2 clean environment
3 smart infrastructure
Let’s create a solid platform to enable everyone to succeed.
We can go from GOOD to GREAT with these three strategies:
1 STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
- Put people first.
- Create a culture of excellence among councillors.
- Be financially responsible and transparent.
- Do what we say we will do, and do it well.
- Advocate for community well-being but focus firmly on core Council business.
- Keep rates affordability front of mind.
2 CLEAN ENVIRONMENT
- Have a healthy ocean and rivers for everyone to enjoy.
- Complete wastewater and Drainwise projects on time and on budget.
- Future-proof our region as a food bowl. Protect our fertile soils.
- Fast-track flood protection infrastructure around the Waipaoa River.
- Work towards being a zero-waste region.
- Investigate clever, sustainable ways to minimise our waste and improve recycling.
- Work on climate change resilience for our region.
- Apply a climate change mitigation lens over every Council decision.
3 SMART INFRASTRUCTURE
- Future-proof our transport network to support our unique lifestyle, business and tourism.
- Include all transport options (roads, rail, air, sea, walking and cycling).
- Investigate and decide on heavy vehicle routes.
- Service our rural areas well.
- Plan for an older society.
- Provide fit-for-purpose rulebook – modernise our District Plan.
- Have common sense rules to protect our people and environment, and to meet our needs today and in the future.
- Make it easy to do business with Council.
- Secure our supply of water.
- For drinking, agriculture and business.